Each licensee shall complete a minimum of sixteen (16) hours of Continuing Education which shall include, at minimum, all of the following subjects as they relate to the practice of cosmetology:
- A minimum of two (2) hours of instruction regarding HIV/AIDS & other communicable diseases.
- A minimum of three (3) hours of instruction regarding sanitation and sterilization.
- A minimum of one (1) hour of instruction regarding Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations.
- A minimum of one (1) hour of instruction regarding issues of workers’ compensation as they pertain to Florida law.
- A minimum of two (2) hours of instruction regarding state and federal laws and rules as they pertain to cosmetologist, cosmetology, salons, specialists, specialty salons, and booth renters; specifically including but not limited to Chapter 477, F.S., and the Rules of the Board.
- A minimum of two (2) hours of instruction regarding chemical makeup as pertains to hair, skin and nails.
- A minimum of one (1) hour of instruction regarding environmental issues.
- A minimum of four (4) hours of Continuing Education to be composed of additional instruction in any of the courses approved by the State of Florida for the purpose of Continuing Education.